Monday, February 1, 2010

I Need A Few More Crabs Under My Rock...

I have been thinking a lot lately about the writing process and what would make it better. The writers' life is a solitary one, to be sure, and that's just fine with me. I like to be alone; I need to be alone in order to re-charge that creative part of me. However too much time alone is not good either. I find myself becoming isolated and unsure of myself, and a wee bit depressed. So, this week I made a point of getting together with a couple of good friends for a long overdue coffee. We talked about writing, and life, and everything else. And I found that I was a little lighter in the step as I went through the rest of my week. Also, talking with other writers gives me inspiration, and encouragement, and reassures me that I'm not alone in this vast universe of words. And hopefully I can do the same for them.
For me it's all about the balance, and as much as I enjoy my rock, it's always good to have a few other crabs under there to hang out with.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I know I'm a little late commenting on your post, but I thought I'd leave you something in ENGLISH.

I'm happy to be a crab under your rock!