Yes, it's true, I'm back!!! Okay, I know, it's been a LOOOONG time since I've posted. Let the flogging ensue. However, I have been legitimately busy. Here's my list of excuses:
1. Daughter graduated.
2. Because I signed up for After Grad Duty, I was also busy arranging a kick-ass party for said daughter and her grad class (can anyone say fire dancers and bonfires??)
3. Sent daughter to India for five months. No, this was not because she was naughty, she actually wanted to go. Check out Latitude Global Volunteering. This kid is amazing and has a heart for the underpriviledged. She is an amazing writer, and her blog blows me away. I really love her....and she comes home Christmas Eve. *sigh*
4.Went to Italy with DH. Okay, I know, you feel really sorry for me right now. But seriously, we have been planning this trip for.....well, forever really. We have never been away for more than a week since we've been married, so this was our first ever BIG trip ( 2 1/2 weeks!) And we've been married for 23 years, so that's a really long time to plan this trip. And I must say, it turned out just as we hoped. Lots of vino and pasta and architecture. I even made him go through the Vatican, that's how much he loves me! (and he made me ride a vespa, that's how much I love him!) Muchos thanks to Rick Steves. I would have been lost without his awesome guide books, especially with a husband who doesn't do tours!
5. Got the boys settled in the new school year. Grades 11 and 8, respectively. This sounds easy on paper, but there's lots to it that I don't even want to get into. Trust me.
6. Got the final feedback from my awesome editor and finished final revisions on IGNITE.
7. Sent IGNITE off to agents and entered Querydom......
8. Joined NaNoWriMo with great intentions to make serious headway on WIP #2.
So there you have it, that's what I've been doing since my last post. Well, that, and swimming in the pool, and fishing, and going to the beach, and....you get the idea.
Writing Workshops January & February 2018
2 hours ago