Monday, March 9, 2009

whew!

Okay this is my very first blog post! I am sweating with anxiety and trepidation. Will I be good enough? Will anyone ever read this? Or will my words just sit out there in cyberspace, collecting dust on a virtual shelf somewhere?
The only reason I am even attempting this is because of some very lovely people I know who keep hounding me. For some reason they think I might have something to say that someone, somewhere, might want to read. So, curiousity has gotten the better of me, and here I am. I swallow my fears and bravely click 'Post'. Or at least that's what I imagine myself doing, I haven't actually done it yet. If you are reading this then obviously I have. What are my fears, you ask?
1. I have absolutely nothing worthwhile to say. About anything.
2. I will come across as a navel gazing, narcissistic putz. (see blog heading)
3. I will become obsessed with ranting about really weird things which mean nothing to anyone except myself, like why I get those dry spots on my elbows that constantly catch on my sweaters.
4. I will spend the rest of my life hunched over a keyboard playing hunt and peck while the real world goes on without me.
5. People I know will read this and then snicker behind me in the checkout line at the grocery store.
Okay, it's all out on the table. Better out than in, as that wise man Shrek says. Stay tuned.

No comments: