Friday, May 18, 2012

By The Sea

I'm on a little excursion this weekend. I've been wanting to visit my Mom, who lives in Chemainus, for ages, and things kept getting in the way. Now that I'm feeling better (yay antibiotics!) and had a free weekend, I hopped in my truck and headed to the coast.

There's nothing I like better than getting to the ocean. I really miss it. Yes, Kelowna has a beautiful lake, but it's just not the same. The waves, the smell of seaweed, the marine life.....bliss! So, I left a day early and snuck into the Beach Club Resort in Parksville for a night. I've never stayed here before, and I was pleasantly surprised. The rooms are lovely, with little balconies looking right onto the beach. There's a boardwalk that goes forever, and when the tide is out (like this morning), you can walk for miles. It's a great place to get inspired and, for me, do some writing. I'm working on a new story idea, and I must say, sitting on the deck looking out at the sea is sure helping in the creative department!

Here's some pics for you!

                                             the ferry leaving Horseshoe Bay in West Vancouver
                                              the beautiful beach



                                                    Beach Club Resort

                                                      view from my balcony
                                                     view this morning, with the tide out

Hope you all have a wonderful long weekend. Happy Victoria Day!!

V

No comments: